Our client, based clothing store presenting the latest must-have collections, is looking for a Visual Merchandising/Operations Manager, to join their team in Merrillville, Indiana, starting immediately. This is a NEWLY remodeled location, receiving a lot of traffic and traction - The right person can come into this location, and make a large impact with the company!
Title: Visual Merchandising Manager
Location: Merrillville, Indiana (On-site)
Salary: $80k/year (Slightly Flexible)
Type: Direct Hire, Full-time/Permanent
As a visual manager you are responsible for taking care of all visual and operational duties in the store. Depending on the size of the store you will be running a team of anywhere from 4 people - 20 people at any given time. This role is both creative and analytical - the true magic behind a visual and ops role is you are not only the beauty but the brains. You can look at reports, create compelling mannequin looks, color stories, and visual displays that not only look good but sell. Understanding and analyzing data and selling reports is key - knowing when to take action through merchandising is fundamental.
- Independently prioritize in-store merchandising tasks each day by assessing aesthetic needs and analyzing and incorporating weekly selling data
- Effectively execute all in-store merchandising tasks according to company guidelines, including but not limited to: floor layout adjustments, floor moves, rack merchandising, table displays, wall displays, accessory displays, sales floor and window mannequin styling, promotional displays, etc.
- Communicate regularly with store management staff to ensure merchandising is meeting the needs of business and aiding in sales
- Partner with the leadership team to ensure standards are being kept up throughout the store and teach and participate in all tasks. Complete various cleaning tasks when changing displays (waxing racks, dusting tables, adjusting lighting after floor moves, etc.)
- Complete daily and weekly visual and operations evaluations. Summarizing the merchandising tasks and looking forward to what's next to drive the business forward
- Elevate the customer experience not only through the store environment visually but also by supporting sales. Ensure customers are being delivered the brand styling experience by connecting customers to stylists and supporting in running the floor, cash wrap, fitting rooms to minimize wait times and get them in and out with a smile on their face
- Support Leadership team by participating in all functions of the business including talent - recruitment & performance management
- Knowledgeable about fashion and trends - Portfolio showcasing previous work
- History of execution with window displays, and merchandising throughout peak season
- Efficient and quick pace when working both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work early in the early morning and/or some late nights
- Eagerness to work in a fun environment
- Strong organizational, effective communication skills and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and extended hours at times
- May be required to travel to support other stores