Our client is a well-known fashion/lifestyle brand that is seeking a new VP of Operations to join their team!
The role of the VP of Operations reports to the CEO, North America and works to improve business processes throughout the omnichannel business by developing a long-term strategy to enhance the operational procedure.
Logistics and Supply chain
- Oversees logistics, supply chain, multichannel distribution, import and export trade compliance
- Develop a strong partnership with cross function departments: Retail, Wholesale, E-Comm, & IT
- Build and foster strong relationships with external vendors, fulfilling all requests in a timely manner and ensuring all stores vendor compliance
- Oversee day to day operations of 3PL warehousing, staff, workflow and responsible for contracts negotiations including mapping and flows of EDI between internal ERP and the 3PL WMS systems.
- Responsible for all freight forwarders, parcel accounts for best rates/practice to ensure efficient movement and delivery optimization
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies to address potential disruptions in the supply chain, such as supplier issues, natural disasters, or economic fluctuations.
- Responsible for customs, regulations and Import Routing Guide compliance
- Prepares and monitors freight budgets and projections
- Oversee the wholesale channel shipping and logistics fulfilment and 3rd party
- Manage Drop Ship channel and ensure EDI is automated for all external clients
o Manage EDI documents inbound and outbound
o Review, research and reverse all non-compliant chargebacks
- Oversee monthly inventory reconciliations from all WMS systems, POS and ERP systems
- Establish governance and auditing processes to monitor vendor performance and drive continuous improvement.
Retail operation and facilities.
- Build clear SOPs and policies for store leadership to reference around: Facilities, Safety & Security, Inventory Management, Loss Prevention, Reporting in partnership with the VP of Retail
- Ensures with IT and retail stores to manage updates to and issues related to the retail systems such as POS, clienteling, and traffic application; ensure that all IT network systems enhancements are implemented and communicated consistently across all store in the market
- Lead operations function in possible future integration of new business and processes.
- Evaluate vendors, negotiate pricing and contracts and lead the Facilities Team to research, source and negotiate services and equipment to achieve the best price and SLA’s for the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in similar roles
- Project management, negotiation, change management and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate about complex issues with senior management.
- Ability to make strategic recommendations based on data and best practices.
- Experience driving large, system-wide global projects through facilitation, influence, and collaboration.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong leadership skills with experience in, project management, change management and conflict resolution skills
- Quality Focus and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize workloads, while meeting all deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Can-do attitude - thinks ahead; takes ownership, follows through, and goes the extra mile