Description of Project:
The User Experience team is looking for an experienced UX writer. We’re a small, highly collaborative group of writers, designers, strategists, and researchers, with a passion for making healthcare accessible and understandable. Our team is located in downtown Oakland though we are currently 100% remote. We work on a wide variety of complex digital projects with many stakeholders across a distributed organization.
The right person cares about quality content and the opportunity to go deep but also enjoys casual drop-in editorial consultations with other members of the team.
• Produce onscreen copy including instructions, menus, labels, alerts, landing pages, emails, and site documentation
• Research, evangelize, and follow best practices for content strategy and information architecture
• Work closely with designers, strategists, and the product team, iterating and tracking down answers from subject matter experts and other partners
• Conduct content audits and evaluate existing experience
• Create deliverables describing customer journeys, task flows, usage scenarios, and content requirements
• Build alignment and lead with quality
• 5+ years of experience as a UX writer, information architect, content strategist, or web editor (for more junior role, 2-3 years)
• A portfolio showcasing clear, concise UX writing and accurate, engaging informational content
• Successful software and service design projects
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• Self-directed but enjoys collaborating too
• Used to hitting deadlines and helping manage expectations for your deliverables
• A degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or Computer Science