One of our top leading, fashion forward clients is actively pursuing a talented Women’s Associate Apparel Designer to join their team.
As the Women’s Associate Apparel Designer, you will assist with bringing the vision of the Brand to life through innovative, trend-right designs, responsible for researching inspiration, developing new apparel design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
• Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
• Develop flats and sketches for all women’s designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision for tops, bottoms, and dresses
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
• Collaborate with other Apparel Designers and various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
• Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2+ years’ experience as an Apparel Designer
• Experience with knit’s and woven’ s is preferred
• Technical knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, prints, colors, and trims
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop