Our client, a well-known clothing boutique/brand is looking to add an experienced Buyer, with background in Plus-Size, to their growing team on a Fulltime basis, starting immediately.
This position will plays a hand in sourcing, buying, and planning. The right person will be open to a variety of tasks, from digging into the retail database to understand the company’s merchandising data, to calling pages of vendors for shipping updates, to going to the stores to lead a markdown project.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Must Have experience in PLUS SIZE: sizing, and size grading; As well as factory relationships (working with China and/or other countries) working with factories in china (developing and producing)
- You must be highly analytical and data-driven. You must be able to take a spreadsheet of data on Excel and analyze it in a meaningful and impactful way.
- You must arrive with a working knowledge of key merchandising concepts such as open-to-buy, sell-thru, inventory turn, etc.
- You must be highly motivated and driven to succeed. We want you to take ownership of your duties. We want you to proactively find areas of improvement and take leadership.
- You must be excited about fashion, in particular PLUS SIZE. You must be excited about new trends and constantly learning about construction, material, and other concepts regarding shoe design.
- You are able to (and enjoy) regular travel and meeting with vendors, producers, and others in the fast fashion industry. You can represent the brand in a positive manner.
- You are confident and extroverted and extremely comfortable with communication, whether in person, over the phone, Skype, or email. You have excellent follow-through.
- You are a fashion leader. You follow all the style blogs and scour through Instagram for the latest and greatest looks. You are always one season ahead of the pack. You love and appreciate a wide range of different styles.
- You have graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- You understand that a buyer position will often require long hours and hard work.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and embrace solving complex challenges.
- You are a collaborative and hard-working problem solver, who leads by example
- You have AT LEAST 2 years experience in fashion buying in a corporate setting
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please forward your resume today!