Our client, a top ad agency, is hiring a Human Resources Coordinator to join their team!
This is temp-to-perm, hybrid in Playa Vista, up to $65K/yearly DOE.
The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The Human Resource Coordinator makes that certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the director of HR.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- One to two years related experience.
- SHRM-CP credential preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.