Job descriptionClient Overview:
Our client is an elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Their long history as an international firm means they are perfectly placed to help their clients resolve their most complex legal challenges, wherever they may be. With lawyers operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, they have invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market. They are distinguished by their on-the-ground presence in the world’s key financial markets and their strengths in handling complex cross-border work.
Interior Designer / Architect Overview:
The Interior Designer / Architect will play an integral role in managing the architectural and interior design needs of the Firm on a global basis. The candidate will work side-by-side with the Global Head of Office Design and Real Estate and the Head of Premises in the EMEA region to represent the Firm in every facet of a wide range of architectural projects. The projects will include whole-scale build-outs of brand new office space, modifications of existing spaces and interior design exercises performed to accommodate specific projected growth. The candidate will provide assistance for the coordination and implementation of the Firm’s Global Design Guidelines and for the Firm’s decisions regarding real estate transactions.
Interior Designer / Architect Responsibilities:
- With the support of the Head of Office Design & Real Estate, participating in all phases of corporate design projects, both large and small scale, including renovation and new construction on the client side.
- Liaising with local stakeholders, including Office Executive Partners and Office Managers, real estate brokers, external architects, general contractors, vendors and other relevant parties at every stage of the project.
- Drafting and reviewing floor plans, layouts and architectural plans for office move/fit-out, expansion and refurbishment projects.
- Preparing test fits, sketches, 3D Sketchup modeling as required to assist the design and construction processes.
- Partnering with the Firm's global procurement staff to build and maintain an appropriate network of vendors and suppliers on a global basis, as well as analyzing and comparing vendor proposals and pricing agreements.
- Maintaining contact with architects and reviewing design concepts from design studios the Firm have engaged as external providers.
- Participating in project team meetings effectively, preparing meeting minutes, providing regular, comprehensive status updates and effectively communicating relevant project information to project members and stakeholders.
- Supporting the office managers in establishing a design team and advising them on Firm standards and best practices on premises projects
- Liaising with local teams in the offices to determine the demands and needs of the office and advising them on Firm standards with respect to office design, including furniture, A/V technology and best practice in other offices.
- Cooperating and coordinating with the Firm's IT project management office (PMO) and specialist IT teams in order to ensure that IT investments and solutions comply with the objectives of the premises project
- Implementing and maintaining a global database of leases, floor plans, layouts and architectural plans to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the Firm, as it relates to the Firm premises
- Lending assistance to all budgetary matters, including being mindful of costs and focused on how the budget is being used and why
- Being willing to put in extra hours, when needed, including being responsive to colleagues and stakeholders in multiple time zones
- Understanding the business and how corporate interior design can assist its internal clients
- Being able to promote innovative solutions to the design of our office fit outs (in response to the Firm’s Agile Work Policy) and understanding their impact on real estate business decisions.
Interior Designer / Architect Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or preferably higher in architecture, interior design or related field.
- A minimum of five year direct work experience in a relevant position supporting corporate interior design projects (management and design)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Indesign, Miro, Sketchup, architectural software (AutoCad)
- High proficiency with project management methodology and tools is a plusExperience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential, with a strong sense of project ownership
- Experience working with international teams is a plus
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in English or native English speaker
- Strong time management skills; ability to perform under pressure when juggling multiple tasks; effectively prioritizing and executing tasks; strong attention to details and accuracy are all key elements that will define success in this position
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills • Intellectual curiosity, creativity and accuracy
- Driven by professional growth
- Strong professional presence
- Client service focus
- A ‘can do’ attitude
Location and Reporting
- This is a hybrid in-office/remote based in our New York office.
- This role reports to the Global Head of Office Design and Real Estate.