The Merchandiser manages the day-to-day merchandising efforts and supports the development of the North American merchandising strategy. The role is to build processes and manage the overall merchandising strategy for NA. The goal is to deliver sales and gross margin through segmented merchandise assortments, marketing initiatives and pricing strategies.
Merchandiser Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports all merchandising functions - Manages all out of season product requests: Best Seller / Fast Track / SMU
- Partners with business leads (stores, ecom, wholesale) to develop the merchandising strategy in support of company financial targets.
- Hosts line opening pre-market and provides clear structure and strategy for market
- Procures samples from HQ and manages sample management - Functions as key liaison for all department heads and the global merchandising team
- Manages all Pricing strategic actions; collaborating with key leads to direct channel execution of Markdowns, and Price changes.
- Partners with cross-functional counterparts to develop and communicate tactical plans to achieve business timelines and deliverables.
- Communicates local market trends and future trends to global design team
- Oversee all system and line maintenance: line lists, add/drops and pricing
- Seniority Level Associate
- Educational Credentials University or College degree or commensurate retail experience.
- Retail merchant experience with a minimum of 3 years Associate-level responsibility.
- Driven, solution oriented and analytical
- Experience with managing a segmented buying budget or product group
- Proven ability to execute a sound business strategy
- Strong retail math acumen, including elements of markup, margin planning, open to buy, inventory productivity measures
- Ability to build / maintain strong external and internal partnerships
- Experience working independently
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills a must - Motivated, Flexible, Team Player, leadership skills