REQUIRED: You must be actively creating content for TikTok and/or Instagram Reels or YouTube to be considered for this role. Please send your social accounts along with a link to your portfolio or reel.
As Video Editor, Content Producer, you will develop the WEBTOON social media brand identity by creating dynamic social video creative that’s on-trend, and pairs fun, dynamic storytelling with engaging visuals to drive community growth and ultimately the growth of WEBTOON. As an integral role on the WEBTOON creative team, you will work with internal and external stakeholders across Marketing, Content, and Digital Partnerships, driving organic growth of the brand. You will have the rare opportunity of defining an exceptional brand within social.
What You Will Do
- This role is 50/50 conceptualizing and executing. You must be able to not only ideate and pitch your own create concepts to your peers and management, but also work with a team to execute others’ ideas when needed.
- Collaborate as part of a small, agile video team producing original video content for WEBTOON’s social and digital platforms from script to shoot to edit and delivery.
- Immerse yourself in WEBTOON’s content library. Help edit content for social channels, with a clear understanding of how users engage with social creative across formats and platforms.
- Partner closely with Social Media Managers and the Creative Director to maintain a clear, authentic voice across video channels.
- Help develop and edit repeatable content series for YouTube and other channels to drive ongoing fan engagement with key WEBTOON IP series.
- Create graphic elements and treatments for your videos to engage social and digital users.
- Develop best practices and expertise around creating, publishing and distributing videos specific to various digital platforms, and train teammates in those best practices.
- Stay on top of a variety of social and digital channels to identify content that will appeal to our WEBTOON audience.
Who You Are
- You have 3-5+ years of experience in a creative agency, production company, or in-house at a brand editing video content for social and digital channels.
- You are comfortable being on camera or providing voiceovers for our channels.
- You are a fast, effective editor who brings a strong POV to your edits, but never lets ego get in the way of being a good teammate.
- You have entertainment, gaming, digital media, or publishing industry experience.
- As a major plus, you have production experience beyond the edit bay (DPing, lighting, sound design, color grade, etc.)
- Can effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture. Cut your own way through ambiguity and engaging management smartly when needed.
- You are a Premiere Pro wizard who can hop into After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop as needed.
- You’re able to generate unique, fun, quirky video content to elevate the brand's social media presence and drive organic engagement.
- You have excellent communication skills.