As part of the Workplace team, the Workplace Project Manager will play a critical role managing complex projects that support the operational, facility and employee experience needs. This role is responsible for developing and overseeing project resources, preparing budgets, monitoring progress and keeping stakeholders informed within the confines of goals and vision. This role will coordinate and complete a variety of Workplace projects, including construction renovation and expansion as well as support for events, employee programs and developing business needs. They will determine and coordinate design elements and project scope while maintaining the project budget throughout the lifecycle of the project.
• Develop and execute Workplace projects aimed at improving or growing our facilities, enhancing our employees’ onsite experience and supporting critical business needs.
• Identify a need or area of improvement and develop the project lifecycle from initial stage through planning, design, execution, and finally handover to the operations team.
• Ensure all projects align with Tesla’s ethos, employee experience standards and safety requirements.
• Successfully oversee all aspects of the project, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize project progress.
• Engage stakeholders and those affected by the project to ensure they understand and approve the coming changes and how it will impact them. Prepare reports for key stakeholders and site leadership regarding the status of the project.
• Assemble and manage the project team, both internal teammates and external suppliers or contractors, to bring the project to reality. Must demonstrate strong leadership, collaboration and mentorship to successfully manage the project team and ensure onsite and under budget performance.
• Manage selection and procurement of design finishes that align with overall project goals as well as design standards
• Develop the project budget, manage how the funds are allocated and incorporate change orders.
• Provide a clear and complete project documents for execution or handover to the project execution team as well as all necessary documentation for handover to the operations team upon project completion.
• Ensure clear communication including site-wide emails, digital or physical signage, etc. to stakeholders and/or employees regarding operational impacts during project execution.