Job description24 Seven is partnering up with a global sports apparel company located in Portland, OR to help them find an Apparel Graphic Designer to join their team. This position will be a hybrid schedule and is a 7-month contract.
Should have a strong narrative background (visual storytelling through graphics). This person does not need to be an apparel graphic designer. And could come from the branded world. An online portfolio or samples of work is a must.
- With general direction from Design management, uses advanced design skills to create original graphic designs that appropriately reflect our design ethos.
- Assists with ideation, concept development, and branding.
- Leads team projects and works independently to complete individual projects.
- These projects include, but are not limited to the development of print, packaging, 3-D retail displays, event signage, logo systems, imagery, video, and collateral materials.
- Effectively uses computerized systems in design process.
- Works with functional teams from initial concept development to final production and distribution.
- Manages individual projects beginning with internal briefings, managing timelines, and scheduling work-back schedules, budget management, supplier coordination, reviewing specs, recommending production alternatives, and maintaining quality production standards.
- Manages both individual projects as well as groups of projects to stay within stated budgets. Estimates all aspects of project development.
- Offer production alternatives to provide the best product within the defined budget.
- Negotiates costs, reviews billing and provides budget reconciliation.
- Arranges the purchasing of goods and services from domestic and international vendors.
- Develops vendor evaluation criteria; evaluates vendors.
- Acts as a liaison among managers (Image Design, Marketing, product design, etc.) and outside agencies. Communicates project details, design requirements, scheduling needs, and graphic materials.
- 6 plus years of progressively technically sophisticated graphic design experience.
- Proven ability to apply and perform graphic design skills including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of non-computer-based creative art and graphic design.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and the athletic industry specifically.
- Demonstrated high level of expertise using graphic design software.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in local market language, including meeting facilitation and presentations. Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, share ideas and develop effective responses.
- Proven ability to work in rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.