Job descriptionAssistant Brand Manager (Beauty)
Hybrid in Mid-Wilshire area
Our client, a growing beauty and personal care company is looking for an Assistant Brand Manager to join their growing team! The Assistant Brand Manager is responsible for supporting the development and execution of category brand strategy across all channels.
We’re looking for someone who’s obsessed with growing awareness of brands through experimenting with new tactics and strategies, grounded in data, and creative in approach to grow the fan base for our brands.
• Supports developing a rolling product innovation calendar and product development timelines.
• Help guide decision making on the evolution of the product portfolio by leveraging data, consumer insights and product expertise.
• Responsible for all aspects of the brand management from initial concept to go-to-market including but not limited to: concept brief, copy, product positioning, competitive advantage, copy, artwork, etc.
• Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across the channels.
• Evaluate analytics to extract key insights for future product development and go-to-market strategies and growing the category or brand in the market, by helping to complete with formal proposals and recommendations on strategies and tactics.
• Supporting the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration with cross-functional team to launch on time.
• Execute and track projects with a detailed understanding of the NPD process.
o Manage spreadsheets for tracking products/projects for weekly/daily reviews as necessary.
• Interface with outside vendors to manage, receive, track and classify vendor information, sample submissions, fact sheets, costs and quantities.
• Help to drive NPD process across teams, internal and external.
• Help guide decision making regarding the content and production of all channels.
• Close partnership with relevant cross-functional teams, to build but not limited to brand awareness, sales, profitability, stock levels, etc. by leading and gaining alignment.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required; with 3-5+ years of progressive and successful experience in product development or marketing
• Experience marketing in a digital world, (i.e., social media, e-commerce, analytics, on-line) is required.
• Experience working in a matrix environment and cross functional teams is required.
• Proven ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and data-driven decision making.
• Deep understanding of trends and how they relate to our customers.
• Experience in successful partnership with R&D / Supply Chain / Sales organizations to develop innovative products supported by specific and relevant storytelling, then execution is required.