Job descriptionAssistant Designer, Women's Golf
Client Overview: Built on a unique combination of performance, luxury and style, our client is a world-wide marketer of men's and women's golf apparel and accessories.
Position Overview: Responsible for assisting in all aspects of developing product for brand. Must be a well-organized team player, excellent communicator, creative, detail-oriented person, and ability to multi-task.
Assistant Designer Responsibilities:
• Must adhere to the established time and action product development calendar.
• Ability to react to fast-track TPs, lab-dips, SO’s styles as per customer needs. •Partner with Merchandising throughout the design process from ideation through final BOM review pass off.
• Responsible for all PLM Tech Pack and BOM, artwork pitch & design detail sheet creation.
• Responsible for the review, comments and approval of all seasonal lab dips, strike-offs, trims from development through production.
• Organize and maintain seasonal lab dip and print strike off developments folders.
• Research market trends in color, styles, silhouettes (knits, wovens, outerwear, sweaters), prints within golf (sports) market and lifestyle sectors.
• Identify additional brand applicable trend & opportunities for discussion.
• Remain current with competitor products and trends.
• Assist in creating seasonal color palettes. Assist with sketching then CADing collection using Adobe Illustrator/photoshop programs.
• Assist in building Collection and SMS line sheets.
• Design and develop on-product trim, i.e., buttons, zippers, tapings that are relevant to the products.
Assistant Designer Qualifications:
• 0-2 Years of relevant design experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced design driven environment interacting with several cross functional divisions.
• Must have strong color sensibility.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to be proactive and pursue opportunities to improve the overall business & it’s processes.
• Passion for the product development process.
• Eye for tasteful, casual sportswear & activewear. Excellent design and sketching skills.
• Strong design & style aesthetic.
• Strong fashion and creative ability. Keen trend awareness.
• Strong Adobe Illustrator and photoshop skills.
• Strong organizational skills & ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work well with multiple team members:
• Positive Team player attitude.
• Sense of accountability and strong work ethic.
• Punctuality & dependable attendance.
• Proficiency in: WebPLM, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Windows (Outlook / Word / Excel).
• No job too small attitude
• Bachelor’s Degree Experience Required