Job descriptionAssociate Designer, Missy Sportswear
Client Overview: Our client is a celebrated authority in the design and manufacturing of women's clothing. The company is known for its popular brands which are featured in major retailers including Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Macy’s, Urban Outfitters, and more.
Associate Designer Overview: As the Associate Designer, you will be responsible for supporting the Design Director by designing brand right sportswear collections to reflect season trends and account needs.
Associate Designer Responsibilities:
• Research the market and put together market/trend research on new silhouettes,
color, and fabrication.
• Work closely with the Design Directors to execute their brand vision
• Track and organize development samples by following up with factories to ensure
samples are received on time.
• Design, sketch with accurate specifications for fit, construction, fabrication, print, and
• Ensures adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action calendar
• Source and select the new seasonal fabrics and trims
• Work closely with suppliers abroad to ensure good execution of design tech packs
• Maintain the fabric, trim and color library - Ensure fabric library is up to date for
seasonal inspiration and archived fabrics
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
• Possess strong knowledge of garment construction.
• Experience in denim, woven, knits, cut & sewn and soft dressings for jackets, tops and
• Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, construction techniques, and trim
• Ability to design around concept direction
• Strong sketching and fast tech packing abilities
Associate Designer Qualifications:
• Level of education: Bachelor's degree in fashion design
• Work experience: 2-5 years design experience
• Creativity and enthusiasm for fashion
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize workloads and handle the pressure of a fast-paced
• Team player with a can-do attitude
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel and all other Microsoft Office Applications