Associate Director, Digital & Design
The Associate Director, Digital & Design is responsible for the design, development and ongoing activation of the company’s digital and social communications activities from strategy and planning to design and messaging. This person will lead our digital communications strategy for internal and external stakeholders, building a world-class digital positioning and narrative that promotes our purpose - reimagining a healthier future for all people, their pets and our planet. This individual will be a proven design leader providing strategic direction for telling stories in compelling, dynamic and engaging ways. In addition to thinking systematically and understanding the broad reaching implications of any one design within the framework of the world it lives in, this person will also roll up their sleeves to execute with a high degree of creativity, innovation and substance for publications, presentations, corporate templates, advertising, logos, etc. The ideal person for this role is a builder – someone who has a passion for great brands, is energetic with a “what if” attitude who loves a fast-paced environment. This individual is detail-oriented, a creative thinker, and also very organized and dependable, able to lead multiple projects to completion with little direction.
Associate Director Responsibilities:
- Oversee all of the company’s digital and social owned channels and develop paid and earned strategies for the corporate brand.
- Oversee a multi-platform content strategy to push content including existing and emerging web sites, mobile, social channels - internal and external
- Lead the development, implementation, and ongoing optimization of insights-driven strategic plans and tactics
- Meet specific internal client objectives for conversion, audience growth and increased brand awareness.
- Partner with People insights, analytics, design, and businesses to drive engagement and continual optimization.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices, rules and regulations pertaining to digital content
- Lead content agency and stay on message with a coordinated voice, internally and externally.
- Develop and implement public outreach and communications strategies to promote purpose and 2025 priorities.
- Direct and execute exceptional graphic design across all communications - from corporate branding and websites to templates and meeting materials to holiday cards and special events
- Advise executive social media strategies
- Partner with leaders, global communicators and Internal corporate Communications to improve employee affinity and engagement
- Collaborate with the broader Corporate Marketing and Communications teams to execute global external and internal communications plans and programs within the divisions that support our priorities, and drive awareness and engagement of key initiatives and developments.
- 10+ years in corporate communications
- 7+ years focused on social and digital communications
- Expert in graphic design
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks