Job descriptionAssociate Planner / Allocator
The Associate Planner/Allocator plays a crucial role in the planning and allocation of merchandise to ensure optimal inventory levels and meet the company’s financial objectives. This position involves working closely with the buying, ecommerce, and operations teams to analyze sales trends, manage inventory levels, and make informed decisions to maximize profitability.
Associate Planner / Allocator Roles and Responsibilities:
Allocation & Store Planning
- Allocate and replenish the direct-to-consumer channel on a weekly basis.
- Establish and maintain stock goals and provide monthly initial allocation and rtv targets.
- Partner with Buying and Operations on store-to-store consolidations, markdowns, and opportunities to drive the business.
- Own the demand forecasts for core products, recuts and chase.
- Assist with DTC revenue forecasts by channel.
- Contribute to the development of seasonal receipt plans and projection process, while ensuring investments are on target.
- Support global sizing and channel breaks by style on an as needed basis.
- Monitor stock levels and identify slow-moving or obsolete inventory and propose strategies for disposition or reduction.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to influence inventory sharing across channels/warehouses.
- Compile and distribute weekly global inventory reporting to executives.
- Prepare and present seasonal investment reviews across all categories of business.
- Conduct regular analysis of sales, inventory, and other key performance indicators to identify opportunities and risks.
- 3+ years experience in a planning/allocation role
- Experience with allocation and store planning
- Excellent analytical/quantitative and critical reasoning skill
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of managing various projects and the ability to meet deadlines
- Selfstarter with a sense of curiosity and ownership
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with ERP and data visualization tools (Full Circle, 42 or Looker a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree