Job descriptionJob Overview:
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, Leaves of absence programs, retirement programs (401(k) plan and RRSP) for both Canada and USA. The incumbent will demonstrate and uphold the values and vision of the company.
- Administer all North American employee benefits programs and policies related to the company.
- Administer all employee benefits its-related escalations from People team, HRBPs, and senior leaders for respective North American markets
- Manages program compliance and regulatory considerations
- Manages benefits-related projects and partnering with the Total Reward Manager, North America & VP of People and support as needed on all company Total Rewards Projects including global initiatives
- Recommends and helps to implement process improvements for efficient and streamlined benefits delivery and positive employee experience.
- Uses analytics to support benefit planning decisions on a regional and enterprise level and conducts benchmark benefits reviews routinely
- Develops and forecast assumptions for all benefits plans and monitors and communicates expense variances to internal stakeholders
- Proactively identifies gaps in the total rewards process and continually enhancements that positively impact the employee experience
- Ensuring the Total Rewards programs and initiatives acts as attraction and retention pillars and employees are well versed on the offerings
- Support US and Canadian Payroll Administrators which may include premium payments, 401K /RRSP deductions, taxable benefits and Paid Time Off tracking
- Work with external vendors on reporting and managing workers compensation claims
- Support business with various report requests
Be a passionate ambassador for the company's Wellbeing initiatives. Develops and deploys Benefits and Wellness communication and education plans to support onboarding, open enrollment windows, and on-going awareness of total rewards programs
Liaison with NY Life to manage all leaves and absences while providing education on leave options along with ensuring compliance with all federal and state requirements. Coordinate leave administration with all internal and external parties ensuring seamless execution of the process while maintaining a positive experience for employees and managers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Responsible for maintaining the ethical standards of the company including minimizing the environmental, health and safety risks in the workplace. Report potential risks, near misses and real accidents to relevant managers.
- Champions, supports and participates in the company's Values and Campaigns
- Strong computer, analytical, oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects in a time sensitive & confidential environment
- Proven experience in providing excellent customer service
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including v-lookup and pivot tables
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3- 5 Years of Human Resources experience, with an emphasis in Benefits
- 3 Years of experience administering leaves of absence across the US and Canada
- MS Office/Teams
- Success Factors