Job description24 Seven is partnering with their top global sportwear client based in Portland, OR to help them find a Brand Marketing Operations Specialist to join their team in this hybrid opportunity! This is a full-time, 12 month contract with potential to extend. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay.
Ideal Candidate: Will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting and at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role (financial planning, analysis or accounting) as well as marketing or operations. Attention to detail, especially when it comes to numbers, is a must for this position. Familiarity with AirTable and/or similar platforms like Asana are great to have. Passion for numbers and experience with Excel are musts for this opportunity.
As Brand Marketing Operations Specialist, you will help drive critical processes for the Asia Pacific Latin America Headquarters team, focusing primarily on the contract to payment process while taking on other responsibilities as needed.
This role will be responsible for tracking contracts from initiation to full signature, and the creation and management of PO's, placing a keen eye on appropriate accounting treatments required. They will perform timely expense recognition through accurate receipts in preparation for the monthly accruals and actuals reporting. This role will work closely with various APLA functional teams - including Brand Marketing, Controlling, Legal and Finance - to align on strategy, ensure process alignment and drive efficiency as it pertains to spend and ensure that all purchases are accounted for to enable accurate forecasting. Mastering and executing the fundamentals will be critical and your ability to operate in a very dynamic environment and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders will be crucial.
We’re looking for an individual who is eager to grow and explore other areas of marketing through this position. Beyond the core responsibilities of vendor management outlined above, there will be plenty of opportunities to learn about the APLA Brand Marketing organization and build relationships by taking on incremental responsibilities within the brand marketing operations team.
Notes from the hiring manager:
Foot in the door for APLA Marketing
Operationally-minded, high attention to detail, they work with legal and numbers and contracts
Someone that will double check, question and validate to problem solve before it goes upstream
Looking to grow, hungry to take on responsibilities and explore the company
Platforms: tool where contracts are created; PO creation; AirTable or similar PM tools like Asana are nice to have. Excel experience also nice to have.
Financial acumen, comfortable with numbers
Marketing role but heavy in finance & accounting
Financial planning or accounting background could be great
Some connection to sport or culture or creative background
• Manages spend request processing, purchase order execution, and invoice administration.
• Liaises contracts between company Legal, APLA functional teams and external partners to follow PO creation guidelines.
• Identifies and provides immediate resolution on internal customer issues utilizing existing tools and systems.
• Triage more complex issues to appropriate company Procurement, Accounting, Legal and/or finance team representatives. Expedite and escalate as appropriate.
• Liaises with internal and external vendors to resolve procurement, billing and payment discrepancies maintaining and providing high quality customer service. Identify and recommend process changes or solutions to prevent recurrence.
• Utilize company procurement, financial, and accounting software systems (ie Airtable, Excel, Coupa, Aravo, SAP & FLEX)
• Partner with controlling team on accounting close tasks (accruals, prepaid, GR estimates)
• Work with business to ensure PO’s are closed timely once complete.
• Ensure close actuals are accurate and complete.
• Prepare close report for Planning Director (I/O based)
• Work directly with business on close expectations.
• Communicate with Brand Planning Director on actuals and related impacts for forecast (or other FP&A related work streams)
• Advises APLA HQ staff on policies and procedures related to the procurement of goods and services, and the requirements for hiring service providers/consultants, including the review and approval requirements, vendor profile set-ups, and invoice processing.
• Assist with special projects and reports as needed.
• Excellent organizational, written and communication skills – an extreme attention to detail
• Experience working with software tools, such as Asana, Smartsheet, Sprinklr, Airtable, Google Sheets or Excel
• Proven ability and desire to solve problems and look for opportunities for improvement.
• Experience with contract and vendor management, tracking contract deliverables, maintaining project documentation and artifacts, and performing procurement activities.
• Demonstrated experience tracking, validating, and processing of invoices and payments.
• Experience with and interest in business software and analysis tools (SAP or other ERP system a plus.)
• Strong interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with varied internal clients, management groups and external vendors.
• Desire to improve existing and/or create new processes and tools to support the work.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting & 2 years experience in similar role - or 6 years experience in similar role without degree
• At least 2 years of experience with specific procurement processes, administration, terminology, features of the software systems and error resolution methods is highly desired.