Job descriptionClient Overview:
Our client is an industry leader, pioneering premium beauty tools and products with innovation, design, and personalization in mind. For over three decades, the company has been dedicated to producing quality products while fostering creativity, craftsmanship, and a goal to thrive in the beauty space of today and the future.
As the Controller, you will play a key role in managing the corporate accounting and financial functions within. This includes financial operations, reporting, cash management, and budgeting. In addition, you will oversee the Account and Finance teams to ensure the accuracy and availability of business data, reporting, and analysis.
- Plan, direct, and manage all accounting and finance-related activities, including cash flow, accruals, cash-based accounting, monthly close, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, reporting trends to management, preparing and reviewing the budget to actual performance, forecasting, etc.
- Overall responsibility for the general ledger including review of journal entries and monthly reconciliations; performs meaningful variance analysis and presents results to leadership.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for the Finance and Accounting Department team; create an environment that inspires, fosters, and encourages team members to express differing views, approaches, and solutions that deliver the best results for the company.
- Manage a timely and accurate financial close on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis; implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of standard monthly management reporting package to designated leadership team members. Develop and manage processes for annual financial forecasting and corporate, subsidiary, and department budgets.
- Oversee and participate in revenue recognition and revenue operations, including sales tax liability.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial reporting; monitor and enforce internal controls to minimize risk to the company.
- Support the establishment of annual financial objectives that align with the company's plans for operations, growth, and expansion, including revenues, expenses, and overall profitability.
- Manages the annual external audit and the annual tax filings with outside firms.
- Serves as the key technical expert for accounting matters and helps to inform business decisions that increase the value of the company.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek a full range of business solutions; assists with ad-hoc financial information requests from Executive Management and other departments.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required; an MBA is strongly preferred.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible accounting and finance experience is required.
- 4+ years managing a team of direct reports; proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Experience in international accounting managing accounting requirements for a foreign subsidiary required.
- Manufacturing industry experience required. NetSuite experience required.
- Shopify experience required.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP, internal controls, operational risk assessment, and financial reporting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate issues, identify and provide sound guidance for resolution.
- Expert level of proficiency in Excel required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects, allocate resources, and collaborate across disciplines and locations.
- Self-motivated and independent, detail-oriented, strong work ethic, and high integrity and ethical standards.