Job descriptionTiming: Jan/Feb
Hours per week: 40+
Location: Detroit, MI strongly preferred (onsite 3 days/week Tues/Wed/Thurs), potentially open to fully remote candidates who check ALL boxes
Salary: $130-150K+ DOE
One of our large financial services and technology clients is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Creative Director to join their in-house agency team for an exciting all-new position.
This Creative Director will be reporting directly to the company's ECD and responsible for developing creative B2B content and performance marketing solutions while communicating, executing and sustaining cross-platform strategic initiatives.
The Creative Director must be comfortable remaining hands-on when it comes to concepting, obsessed with execution and a deep understanding of production, and able to direct and lead the creative function to support the strategic goals of the organization and its brands.
Ideal Creative Director candidates will have:
- At least 8+ years of in-house creative department or agency experience; preferably both
- BA degree in design, art direction, communication advertising or a related field
- Solid understanding of creative, brand, marketing, customer experience, design, and content strategy
- 2+ years experience directing a team of graphic and motion designers on executing creative assets both campaigns and presentations
- Experience in advertising or marketing for the financial services and/or FinTech industry
- Experience across B2B industries
- Strong portfolio that reflects work for global or nationally recognized brands
- Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Genuine curiosity about business and motivated by purpose
- Integrated campaign experience a MUST; this person will be heavily focused on content and performance marketing campaigns
- Expertise in B2B marketing inclusive of white labeled marketing solutions, sales pitch materials, trade-show activation, co-branded digital partnership initiatives.
- Proven track record in elevating informative and educational materials both in the promotional and instructional space.
- Basic understanding of the methodologies of research and analytics in order to glean insights and apply them to creative concepts
- Knowledge of various media channels inclusive of broadcast, print, digital and social media channels. Knowledge of tools, marketing technology and tactics a plus
- Knowledge of live & post-production processes
- Entrepreneurial mindset and very strong written, verbal and presentation skills; shows proven ability to pitch and influence in creative concepts; has the ability to sell highly conceptual ideas; shows the realm of the possible and makes it tangible
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and multiple teams simultaneously - set priorities, utilize resources, identify and meet deadlines
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office, Figma, and Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and XD
- Familiarity working with brand management guidelines
- Knowledge of project management systems, digital asset management systems and content management systems
- Lead ACD's, designers and copywriters in the development of innovative, creative, campaign concepts based on insights that increase brand awareness, solidify client loyalty, and ultimately drive sales
- Express the brand in your respective subject matter area of expertise; ensure the brand is expressed properly and consistently, is elevated and extended, and ensures continuous improvement to creative deliverables and tactics
- Bring idea to life in their respective medium; focusing on the effectiveness of the work; cognizant of the impact and engagement with the creative - Present, pitch and sell ideas successfully with guidance from Senior Director(s), while actively giving and receiving feedback at all stages of a project
- Leverage the talents of the art direction, graphic design, motion design, and copywriting along with content studio teams toward goals
- Oversee and produce projects from initial concept to delivery of content that align with strategic briefs and business objectives
- Ensure creative product delivers on high standards, remains cutting-edge and stays best in class ahead of our competition?at all times?
- Work with other leaders and teams to ensure creative and messaging needs are met while adhering to the guidelines for strategy, brand messaging and integrated communication channels
- Provide creative direction of photo/video shoots including talent, set, location, etc.
- Work closely with creative strategists, project managers and producers to stay within budget, meet timing requirements and project parameters
- Adapt plans and priorities to meet business objectives and/or operational challenges in a fast paced environment
- Review proofs of print, radio, digital, social, CRM and broadcast
- Act as a thought leader by continuously identifying and finding solutions for areas of opportunity in the business by way of creative problem solving and brand alignment
- Build the capability of individuals and teams through coaching and mentoring
- Engage in resources to grow expertise in creative direction, industry trends and processes to produce innovative, solution-orientated work
-?Engage in resources to grow knowledge of company brands and their audiences to build business acumen for the FinTech industry
- Actively develop open and trusted relationships across the organization
- Drive company culture and participate in team engagement opportunities
- Stay active in the marketing/advertising community in order to share the brand story
*Must be local to metro Detroit, relocation available
**Onsite Tues/Wed/Thurs schedule required, minimum 3+ days/week
***Eligible for great perks/benefits
****Background and credit check required