Job descriptionOur client, a Top Entertainment company, is looking for a Creative Director to join their team. This will be hybrid to Burbank and a 12 month contract.
We are seeking a Director of Social Short-Form Creative to build and grow an engaged online community for our titles and brands.
The Director must know how to identify and craft short form videos for various audience segments, as well as the editorial and creative judgment to identify and create video formats that drive sharing and conversation. You will need to know how to create attention worthy and conversation driving video content while working collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders. You must have a strong voice on social media and ability to give and take creative feedback.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with Social Media Titles & Audience Directors within the social team to produce short form video content for paid digital or organic editorial needs across titles and brand social handles
- Develop, produce, create new social video formats to support our social handles and title priorities
- Oversee and provide guidance on paid digital creative or innovative content
- Review and work with internal and external managers, agencies, title teams to provide feedback, guidance on content ideas, on-platform stunts etc.
- Finding creative and authentic ways to communicate business goals across the expansive company organization to consumers
- Work closely cross functionally - from marketing to legal and the company ecosystem to identify the connective throughline between business goals and the editorial/ consumer approach
- Stay on top of social media audience responses, trends, language and distill learnings internally and to stakeholders
- 10+ years of video, creative production, content creation or community management experience
- Team-first mentality
- Short form video editing, strategy and production experience for paid digital video and/or organic social editorial content
- Deep understanding of working in matrixed entertainment environments
- Strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated experience aligning cross-functional teams toward common objectives
- Experience presenting, socializing creative vision, strategy and concepts at all levels
- A highly effective communicator, both written and verbal
- MUST have a passion and love for entertainment, television, film, pop culture and be very active on social media as a user themselves
- The ability to problem solve and the patience to see through a vision and work through organizational or operational challenges
- The ability and judgment to balance business objectives with audience needs
- Incredibly strong organizational, strategic, and creative judgment
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail, and comfort offering solutions and clarity where there is ambiguity
- Curiosity and willingness to learn