Job descriptionThe Data Annotation Supervisor will lead a team of Data Annotation Specialists that labels in 3D and image data for neural network training. A successful candidate will have high attention to detail, an appreciation for data integrity, leadership skills to drive efficiency for medium-sized teams of annotators, and adhere to clear instructions directed by leadership to deliver results.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct ongoing performance management on team: create coaching plans, track progress of them, and complete monthly Analyst and Lead performance reports.
- Evaluate daily performance in proprietary software Report daily summaries and team metrics.
- Work directly with engineers and Autopilot leadership. Own annotation policies that require an understanding of both technical and operational constraints.
- Have a solid understanding of project guidelines to be able to communicate labeling concepts effectively, labeling inefficiencies, assist in creating documentation and training materials.
- Execute proper headcount allocation between Quality Control, Labeling, and prioritize job queues daily as directed by leadership.
- Ensure documentation and daily planning for the team is accurate and consistently updated.
- Other supervisory duties such as employee development, conducting bi-yearly performance reviews and monthly performance check-ins with Team Leads and Data Annotation Specialists.
- Recognize employees on a monthly cadence that continuously exceed expectations.
- Mentor direct reports. Ensure the team works as a cohesive unit.
- Accurately manage timekeeping and attendance through Kronos system.
- Experience managing and motivating medium-sized teams that perform manual operations
- Ability to manage time efficiently, prioritizing tasks by order of precedence and completing in a timely manner
- Commitment to data accuracy and throughput
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an aptitude for quickly learning systems
- Proven track record executing and meeting sensitive deadlines
- Experience managing multiple competing projects with limited resources
- Strong communication and presentation skills - can explain complicated topics and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Proficiency in standard workflow software (JIRA, Excel, etc.)