Job descriptionRole Overview: Our client, a children's apparel brand, is looking for a design director who will be responsible for the design, execution and involved in merchandising of a major brand in both swimwear and outerwear.
Design Director Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building around the brand DNA and ensuring all product and development reflects the brand DNA and the target market.
- Consistently shop marketplace, competitively and for inspiration and product opportunities.
- Oversee the product direction and execution across all classifications of the brand.
- Manage time and action calendar
- Sign-off on all production escalating issues as they arise.
- Partner with sales and creative teams to ensure that assortment reflects concept direction, sku plan and styling needs.
- Responsible for all approvals, corrections, updates, and changes to the product line
- Lead the merchandising process.
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly performance identifying key styles and categories that drive sales and build off of successes.
- Lead design meetings
- Meet with buyers and licensors on product development and approvals
- 5+ years of related experience in Design and or Merchandising of outerwear/swimwear
- Must understand the girl’s outerwear/swimwear market
- Strong Merchandising sensibility, coupled with a commercial design eye
- Proven track record of growing businesses, identifying trends, and delivering results
- Understanding of the marketplace and competitive landscape in off price, mass market and department stores