DIRECTOR OF DISTRIBUTION OPERATIONS – LA AREA ONLY
5 DAYS IN OFFICE NEAR COMMERCE, CA
30% travel to Distribution Centers on East Coast
3 Direct Reports
Responsible for overseeing and directing daily execution all aspects of Distribution Centers; Fleet Services; Facilities Management, Transportation); Inventory Systems. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, achieving performance key metrics; expense and revenue management; strategic execution of local and corporate initiatives; compliance with government regulations; safety and security of all buildings, its contents, and people.
- The Director of Distribution Operations sets strategic direction in alignment with corporate strategy for all aspects of operations.
- Supports/Reports to the COO.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, compensation, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Strategically adjusts departments' activities, policies, and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals. Actively supports other departments in the achievement of their goals.
- Coordinates with each individual distribution center to analyzes growth of the site against facility size to maintain proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
- Champion efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes as they pertain to areas of responsibility and total company. Identifies problems and proposes solutions to other members of senior management.
- Monitors audits ensuring all required inspections and documentation are completed accurately (including, but not limited to, safety documentation, DOT records, OSHA etc.) and retained to ensure a minimum potential for loss.
- Monitors the condition and maintenance of each Distribution Center, fleet services, equipment, software, HVAC systems, fire protection, and office.
- Collaborates with Merchandising, Sales Management and Marketing Associates to resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues.
- Build a newly formed function Inventory planning team which focuses on a Planning cycle Processes, Cadences, Metrics, data driven culture and strategic outlook for future purchasing decisions, this includes identifying appropriate team structure and effectively coaching and leading that team.
- Lead creation of the supply and inventory plans including vendor forecasts and capacity assessments and space related data across the Global supply chain, build the “So what” story, build a consensus plan on actions needed and influences and drives change to meet business requirements as a part of the S&OP cycle.
- Interface with Vendors at the right levels to provide forecasts and understand risks to plan delivery.
- Develops and owns inventory strategies through efficient, innovative, and relevant dashboard and reports that greater enhances our capability to successfully action on internal/external deliverables.
- Providing relevant guidance for planning and reporting tools of supply plans and inventory holdings & projections against targets.
Required Minimum Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or a closely related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 10+ years professional experience with demonstrated progressive levels of management experience (with at least 4 - 5 years in operational management experience)
- Experience in warehouse and transportation preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Inventory Planning and Controls