Job descriptionOur client, a popular E-commerce Brand, is looking for a Director of Marketplace to join their team. This will be full time/direct hire and the ideal candidate in located in the Los Angeles area but they are open to relocation for the right candidate!
This person will be responsible for strategizing the business model for our third-party marketplace and executing brand partnerships.
- Identify and cultivate new business prospects and foster cross-vertical brand partnerships spanning US, APAC and Europe
- Formulate the business development strategy
- Oversee and guide the progression of the new business opportunity pipeline
- Create and implement a growth plan in collaboration with brand partners across various markets
- Conduct comprehensive global market research and competitive analysis to track industry trends and identify areas of opportunity
- Provide strategic recommendations for refining positioning, services and pricing strategies
- Plan and actively engage in industry networking events and customer engagement activities to enhance brand recognition, awareness and customer preference
- Lead a virtual project team, fostering cross-organizational collaboration among commercial, operations and support functions to achieve brand success and deliver exceptional customer outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in related field 8+ years of professional experience in brand business development and/or operations eCommerce experience preferred
- Strong business acumen, expressive ability, data analysis, insight and precipitation and logical thinking
- Able to independently complete complex project promotion across multiple business domains or teams