Job description24 Seven is partnering up with a top global sportwear client based in Portland, OR to help them find an Event Manager to join their team in this hybrid opportunity! This is a full-time, 6 month contract with potential to extend. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay.
Ideal Candidate: 3 years of meeting planning or event marketing experience and has strong project management and communication skills.
Serve as an event marketing expert through developing and managing strategic event marketing plans that elevate the visibility of the brand to our employees, consumers, customers, and partners.
• Develop, manage, and execute events across the Event Marketing business. This includes GTM, Employee, Consumer/Communities/Purpose and Retail.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team partners to develop experiential strategy, production, and event creative.
• Manage agency partners to ideate and execute assigned event activations.
• Develop event briefs, event overviews, event recaps and workbacks.
• Responsible for direction and oversight of rooming lists, transportation manifests, BEOs and other hospitality documents.
• Responsible for management and communication of event budgets
• Responsible for PO’s
• Provide timely responses and follow up as needed. Escalate if guidance needs to be provided.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Strong project management skills, oral communication, able to deliver clear, concise information tailored to specific (and potentially varied) target audiences.
• Intermediate knowledge of meeting planning skills (hotel contracts, room sets, catering, production, AV, etc)
• Ability to work within and successfully navigate a cross-functional team.
• Proficiency in budget management.
• Proficiency of industry-standard software, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
• Ability to cope with change and be flexible.
• Ability to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization.
• Ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
• Ability to manage up to effectively communicate information and raise concerns or request for support.
• Ability to travel by aircraft domestically as needed.
• Four-year College or university degree, emphasis in marketing or communications preferred.
• Minimum 3 - year meeting planning or event marketing experience.