Job description24 Seven is partnering up with a well-known hospitality company to help them find an Events Manager to join their team! This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity, working onsite in the Woodburn/Salem area.
The ideal candidate will have 3-4 years of event coordination and planning experience, with 1 year of management/supervisory experience. Passion for onsite events is a must. Project management experience is nice to have.
Manage and oversee the conception and execution of public
events. Provides direct oversight to create profitable events that delight our guests.
- Oversees logistics for event venues including layout, F&B, merchandise, vendor management, admissions, entertainment, technology, licensing, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure, construction, and others as the event requires.
- Drafts event budgets for each public event in partnership with the owner and General Manager.
- Overseeing scheduling, payroll, and adherence to customer service and HR standards.
- Communicates event information to the Marketing team in a timely manner to maximize promotional opportunities.
- Creates timelines for each event and monitors the event staff’s adherence to the timeline.
- Manages each event to maximize event profitability.
- Provides regular status reports to the General Manager, Owner, and Director of Ops.
- Coordinates regular meetings of event teams and participates in regular managerial meetings with upper management.
- Identify and staff the leads for each event, i.e. admissions manager, F&B manager, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Manager.
- 3-4 years of event planning and management experience
- At least 1 year of management or supervisory experience
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-versed with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experience in coordinating festivals or related events.
- Basic computer skills, phone etiquette, and networking skills are required.
- Learning Development Demands Reasoning- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Writing- Write reports and essays with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech.
- Project management experience nice to have