Freelance Technical Designer- Women's Outerwear
Our client is a popular fashion brand presenting the latest must-have apparel and outerwear. With their on-trend, innovative, and modern designs, you can effortlessly dress in style every day.
Technical Designer Overview:
As the Technical Designer, you will oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit.
Technical Designer Responsibilities:
• Oversee all aspects of technical design for every collection and develop a fit comment document for all garment components, including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim
• Measure garments accurately to identify any fit issues and execute fit comments efficiently to remain on schedule with production
• Participate in fit sessions, provide recommendations, note call-outs, and log critiques to accurately and efficiently address all issues
• Provide grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality consistency and collaborate with internal and external partners
• Approve samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
Technical Designer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proven technical design experience
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator