Job descriptionFreelance Technical Designer
Client Overview: Our client is an American lifestyle, clothing, and accessories retailer.
Technical Designer Overview: This temporary role will support the Wovens team on all aspects of the product lifecycle from concept to final development with direction from the category’s leader.
• Represent the Company interest of universal and consistent fit and proper construction
• Network with design and production to communicate company point of view to vendors
• Lead fit sessions
• Communicate development and fit information, from initial concept through TOP samples, through written reports, phone conversations, and sketches and/or pattern corrections, in a timely manner
• Maintain fit standards, written reports, records and samples
• Create and maintain tracking reports of sample status
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Able to work in a hybrid environment, which may/will require working in person/in-office for a portion or all of a week based on the needs of the business • In person/in-office collaboration may be required for work centralized around product development, milestone meetings, fittings, and approvals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Art (or equivalent experience and education)
• 5+ years of related experience in Apparel; Wovens experience & pattern skills required
• Management experience preferred
• Keen eye for color, trend, detail and construction
• Able to multi task and prioritize based on business objectives
• Ability to act as liaison between many departments; excellent communication and analytic skills.
• Must be detail oriented, computer literate and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
• Comfortable working in an hybrid environment - working in office as well as remote work from home