Job descriptionRole Overview: Our client is looking for a freelance technical designer to work on women's sweaters. This person must be able to go on site three days a week in Westport, CT.
- Partner with Senior Technical Designer to understand and provide tech support to overseas partners by helping improve fit and providing clear and concise comments within internal
- Collaborate with Designers and Production team to understand the design concept/vision and influence changes as needed to help ensure the product fit, function, price & delivery goals can be successfully achieved in a timely manner
- Assist in developing and creating Technical Packages to share with team members and vendors
- Review, Measure, and evaluate Fit samples from Proto stage to Production TOPs
- Enter sample measurements and images into an Excel T/P
- Communicate with overseas team members
- Help to track samples received and ensure comments go out in time
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel/Technical Design, Textile Sciences or a related field.
- 2 -3 years of experience in technical design of apparel; Must have sweaters experience
- Knowledge of working with a premium fashion label a plus in both Knit and Wovens
- Advanced knowledge of apparel development process from inception through production
- MS Excel, Word, Adobe
- Experience working with overseas vendors
- Familiarity with current trends, color and design and the ability to demonstrate a sense of style, creativity, and color