Job descriptionTechnical Designer, Women's RTW
Client Overview: Our client is an iconic retail brand that offers fun, flirty pieces, and the latest trends that are easy on your wallet.
Position Overview: The Technical Designer executes the end to end fit process from fittings to production pass off.
Technical Designer Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain technical packages.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product development, sourcing, and merchandising, to ensure designs align with business goals, meet customer needs, and are commercially viable.
- Communicate comments with overseas vendors.
- Lead fit sessions to ensure product meets design and quality specifications.
- Create and maintain seasonal calendars, ensuring all sample timelines are met.
Technical Designer Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in contemporary apparel design, with a focus on private label.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and fit.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and mentor a design team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Computer savvy with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Excel