The HR Manager will provide a broad range of HR support to advance the strategic goals and objectives of the business. The role will be responsible for implementing the day-to-day Human Resources functions including, Payroll processing, recruiting support, employee relations, training and development, diversity, performance management, benefits management, and compliance management. This role reports to the CFO for Payroll, audits, admin and to the Operations Manager for the People Management.
It is critical that the HR Manager supports the operation as a business partner by working closely with Department Managers to drive more efficient and effective HR practices. This role is a key player in creating a positive employee experience, interacting with employees daily. In this role you will be responsible for adding value to our employee experience by maintaining the magic and sparkle from moment of application, and ongoing through first year of employment and beyond.
A successful HR Manager will thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume and demanding environment. Be a strong communicator. A successful HR Manager will establish trust and credibility by effectively balancing business needs with employee needs.
• Serves as a partner to operational leaders and CFO and provides day to day HR support for employees (including payroll processing, recruitment support, on-boarding, compensation, benefits, performance, employee relations, employee engagement, diversity, and training).
• Continually identify opportunities to improve the employee experience and help execute initiatives that support and advance the mission, values, and strategic vision of the business.
• Oversee recruiting support of onsite roles, including job postings, references verification, background check follow ups and onboarding of new hires.
• Provide coaching to managers and employees regarding employee relations issues and disciplinary procedures, while demonstrating a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Liaise with various HR partners and specialists in the areas of Learning & Development, Diversity, Recruiting, and Systems to drive initiatives in our locations that will further our goals to attract, develop, and retain employees.
• Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable.
• Ensure that the health and safety policies (i.e.COVID procedures, worker’s comp procedures etc.) is adhered to at all times.
• Resolve staff issues or concerns, ensuring follow up in a proactive and positive manner.
• Responds to routine HR questions and staff requests including but not limited to
employee’s benefit questions, assist with resolution of problems regarding access to or payment of benefits, assist employees with paperwork related to filing medical claims, employment verifications, tax documents etc.
• Oversee processes and matters related to benefits, 401k retirement plans, workers’ compensation, leave of absences, and unemployment.
• Maintain employee files and BambooHR database as well as monitor and analyze HR reports (i.e., turnover, retention, engagement)
• Manage and/or coordinate employee engagement experiences including monthly internal newsletter, birthday and anniversary announcements, annual holiday party, Employee of the Month, Team events, staff training's etc.
• Support ad hoc projects as assigned by COMEX. Qualifications And Eligibility Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Human Resources (generalist)
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Recruitment
• Preferred: Experience with Paycheck and BambooHR
• Experience in a high growth, fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high-quality HR services in an
• Highly resourceful and organized with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• High sense of urgency and customer service
• Intermediate skills and knowledge in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of local employment regulations
• Ability to influence, consult, and negotiate.
• Proven ability to communicate professionally and tactfully in all interactions with
employees and members needed. Discretion and confidentiality are required traits for
this position.• Staffing skills, including reporting, measurement, use of HR systems