Job descriptionImport Coordinator to work as a liaison between the client and all their service partners to provide problem solving strategies, with a strong focus on customer service, that can be complex in nature and where extensive judgment and ingenuity are required to circumvent habitual issues that negatively impact their supply chains.
Must have expertise in understanding the full lifespan of the container lifecycle to provide the client with an uninterrupted flow of container movement and any associated delays or accessorial charges. Must be familiar with day-to-day origin and destination operations to proactively interject when problem resolutions are required. Specialize in PO/Vendor compliance, vendor coordination, and vendor /client training.
-Onboard new origin and destination accounts based on the client's specific business processes to successfully 'go live' with standard operating procedures in place with minimal bandwidth.
? Work directly with Ocean Carriers, Customs Brokers, and Truckers and Transload facilities to receive correct EDI milestones, based on standardized and extensive specs, to provide full visibility of container operations.
-Understand carrier allocation compliance from primary up to the foresight to notify the client when there are Service Contract, Spacing and/or Scheduling issues that can compromise the timeliness of the shipment. Are knowledgeable of export and import customs regulations and work directly with export and customs brokerage teams to resolve customs issues and work within country regulations that govern import/exports
? Compile required documents to ensure shipments meet all applicable country guidelines for customs brokers to facilitate customs entries on export goods. Must have knowledge of import Customs and Agency Holds, Exams and Clearance processes with the ability to communicate document and other discrepancies that could hold up the delivery of goods.
• Minimum of three (3) years of Ocean Import/Export Logistics
• Terminal Operations and Domestic transportation experience.
• Blue Cherry ERP Experience
• Work with freight Forwarders and carriers to facilitate export and import shipments.
• Track and Trace containers (Landed/POE)
• Oversee order placement activities and contract renewal
• Prepare monthly shipping plan through analysis of volumes, freight rates, credit releases, and country specific export requirements.
• Interacts with various functional areas of the organization to ensure customer satisfaction in order fulfillment.
• Verifies Import documentation and records to ensure compliance with US Customs regulations.
• Coordinate with factories and third-party service providers as primary point of contact to ensure compliance during the process and clearance of imports and exports.
• Maintain communication with all customers ensuring all needs are covered.