Job descriptionWe are working with a large clean beauty company based in Los Angeles, CA, in search for a Inventory Accountant to join their team.
If this is something you might be interested in please apply, If this is not for you but you know someone great for this who checks all the boxes, please send them my way. We will get back to you as soon as we can! Thanks!
Location: Ideally this person will be on the West Coast to work PST, but the team is OPEN to REMOTE candidates (if they can work standard office hours in PST).
Duration: 12 weeks
Hours: About 40hr/week
Ideal Candidate: B.S. degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Economics, or related field preferred; 3-4 years professional staff accounting experience; Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data; Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel/MS Office; SAP experience.
The Inventory Cost Accountant is responsible for overseeing and managing inventory costing, implementing financial controls, monitoring, and investigating transactions, updating general ledgers, gathering, and analyzing data. This position will report to the VP, Accounting while working closely with internal and external partners.
In This Role You Will:
Accounting and Financial Reporting:
- Analyze cost accounting data and ensure accurate inventory costing is being applied.
- Maintain standard material, labor, and overhead costs.
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile inventories to balance sheet.
- Review and adjust inventory reserves in accordance with accounting policies.
- Analyze gross margin, other cost of sales, inventory trends and turnover ratios.
- Prepare audit schedules and footnote disclosures.
- Assist in complying with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and internal control requirements.
Inventory Accounting and Control:
- Review bill of material structure for qty and unit of measure accuracy
- Work with Manufacturing and Fulfillment to plan and conduct physical inventories.
- Review bill of material structure for quantity and unit of measure accuracy
- Manage GR/IR clearing account.
- Manage GR/IR to ensure 3-way match of purchase orders, material receipts, and invoices.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Validate GAAP and non-GAAP P&L results by performing detailed analysis of ‘cost of sales and related functional areas.
- Support Product/Customer margin analysis by reviewing, correcting, and reconciling SAP transactions that drive detailed corporate and business unit P&L reporting.
- Reconciliation involves detailed analysis of business activity by P&L account, profit center and profitability segment (e.g., customer/product)
- Support the analysis of variance incurred during production and purchasing activities by comparing the basis for standard cost (info records, overhead rates from costing sheets)
- Ensure timely completion of month-end process for settlement of production orders, receipts, and inventory levels.
- Perform allocations monthly and ensure the results correctly reflect allocation logic.
- Support the process of updating standard costs.
- B.S. degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Economics, or related field preferred
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- 3-4 years professional staff accounting experience
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel/MS Office
- SAP experience