Job descriptionJob Summary
The Junior Global Marketing Manager is responsible for global marketing activities related to brand strategy, brand development, and brand management.
- Develop strategic brand plans, complete with outlined objectives, strategy, and tactics ensuring growth goals are met. In conjunction with Brand Manager/Sr Brand Manager/VP, drive the creation of all strategic presentations (i.e., global marketing meetings, sales meetings, and seasonal brand presentations to clients, retailers, and upper management).
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the current global market environment and industry trends across the beauty segment as well as trends in other categories that could be relevant to our business.
- Support the creation of all new fragrance and ancillary concepts aligned with strategic objectives.
- Develop and prepare creative briefs detailing the objectives, competitive landscape, target demographics, and information pertinent to the project.
- Collaborate with Product Development, Creative, Packaging, and Sales as well as Out of house Agencies in the elaboration of new and ongoing projects.
- Facilitate the concept-to-market process and manage to deliver products on time and within budget.
- Leads all aspects of daily Brand Management and Go to Market initiatives.
- Collaborates with Operations and Sales Team on all product launches with a focus on 360 marketing plans (sampling, comps, merchandising, PR).
- Delivers seminar presentations, marketing books, product comps and sell sheets on time for each season.
- Work with cross-functional teams to facilitate and track the development of pre-production samples for all launches and deliver on time each season. ??
- Ensure all product comps are available in a timely manner for photo shoots, distributor/retailer needs, and presentations.?
- Track the approval process with Licensor (Fashion House) ensuring approval deadlines are met, approval forms are documented, and timelines are followed strictly.
- Coordinate all legal requests for product naming.
- Act as liaison between the Creative and Regulatory teams?to ensure that all artwork needs are met for new product development.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Able to think strategically and creatively and conceptualize and implement new ideas.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Must be an excellent team player with the ability to build, foster and nurture relationships with members of cross-functional teams.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for fragrances.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited college/university, MBA is a plus.
- 3+ years of marketing experience, preferably in the prestige cosmetics/fragrance industry.