Job descriptionWe are seeking a Patient Engagement Marketing Specialist to join our healthcare client's marketing team. This role will manage and support the health engagement program, with an emphasis on senior patient population engagement. The right candidate thrives in a customer-focused, fast-paced environment where people are collaborative and working together to achieve our mission of keeping our patients healthy.
This individual contributor will be responsible for the development and execution of new patient retention campaigns that support our client’s growth goals. This position will develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of engagement programs, patient experience lifecycle and offerings. The ideal candidate will have the ability to collaborate and communicate across the organization (Local and National Marketers, Creative, Legal, Regulatory, Campaign Enablement, Marketing Operations, Agency Partners/Vendors) to gain alignment and execute health engagement programs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on exciting new challenges.
- Develop, execute, and support patient engagement & retention campaigns and programs with oversight and guidance of more senior team members including Associate Director of Marketing
- Participate and support retention team in all areas of process and procedures required to execute retention marketing campaigns.
- Work with creative, content and campaign enablement to communicate campaign plans and provide execution briefs.
- Testing/proofing creative to ensure accuracy.
- Owning the Direct marketing, Asset matrix and variable testing for retention campaigns
- Coordination and daily interaction with MPM and production lane delivery teams for campaign delivery and execution including direct mail and email campaigns.
- Attending meetings related to campaign development; collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure stakeholder input and accuracy of deliverables.
- Manage review and approvals of creative and content for campaigns.
- Ensuring all patient members materials are aligned with brand guidelines and comply with CMS, legal, and compliance rules.
- Contribute to the retrieval of primary and secondary research needed to understand consumer audience attitudes, behaviors, barriers, and perceptions.
- Develop and pilot member engagement approaches and tests to maximize marketing campaign results.
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and keep them informed about campaign plans, results and status of key initiatives.
- Developing a repository of learnings related to local retention work, national campaign impacts, marketing research, competitive intelligence, and profiles/segmentation initiatives.
- Coordinate efforts to further understand consumer segment needs and behaviors, campaign performance and apply those learnings to evolve the engagement strategy and plan.
- Drive measurement of engagement initiatives and align with internal partners to execute test strategies to maximize program utilization.
- Track and manages budgets and timelines to achieve campaign goals.
- Ensures localization and adaption of approach based on audience and geography.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or a related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of B2C direct marketing strategy experience – preferably in the managed care, insurance, or financial services industry
- 3+ years of experience managing multiple projects participating in large multi-departmental workgroups.
- Demonstrated skills in messaging and positioning offerings in various forms of media (e.g., direct mail, email, video, online, social).
- Passion for learning and growing digital and performance marketing skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with advanced proof-reading and quality control skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Superior project management skills; proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressures and deadlines to complete assigned tasks
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication, strategic thinking, leadership, and collaboration
- Ability to serve as a true champion for the consumer; exhibit passion and empathy to build meaningful communications by understanding their needs and desires.
- Excellent analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills, comfortable with working with data and Excel.
- Experience planning, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns in a complicated, matrixed organization.
- Self-starter and learner with a hands-on approach
- Previous health care experience with a preference given to candidates who have exposure to Medicare.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to derive insights from data to drive better decision making and planning.
- Understands modern digital marketing principles, strategies, and best practices for digital engagement strategies.
- Experience with retention marketing initiatives