Job descriptionMerchandising / Product Development Assistant
Client Overview: Built upon a unique combination of luxury, performance and style, our client is a leading worldwide marketer of golf-inspired sportswear for men and women.
Position Overview: The Merchandising / Product Development Assistant will work directly with the Merchandising Teams to support the full development process including communications with our internal teams, overseas offices, mills, and factories to ensure best quality and timely product along with other related brand extensions. This is a unique opportunity to work with a high profile brand in both Mens and Womens.
• Support the Mens & Womens Merchandising teams to develop, maintain, and execute all tasks on the merchandising time and action calendar to hit key target market dates.
• Support similar strategies for brand extensions and any new product and growth opportunities as they arise.
• Communicate by email daily with our overseas office and suppliers.
• Solicit fabrics and prices for seasonal developments as directed.
• Set up and maintain seasonal Lab Dip/Strike off tracking charts.
• Set up and maintain seasonal Proto sample tracking charts.
• Set up and maintain seasonal Line Sheets.
• Set up and maintain seasonal SMS Grid.
• Set up seasonal Style Master and all maintenance in VSR.
• Set up initial seasonal Buy Plan.
• Maintain records for fabric detail sheets (FDS), and all other related development data.
• Receive, send and distribute all department packages (Fedex/UPS/DHL).
• Showroom set up and maintenance.
• Sample closet maintenance.
• 0-2+ years of experience in merchandising and/or product development.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PLM. Adobe Suite a plus.
• Knowledge of VSR or other data entry programs a plus.
• Must be able to work in office 5 days a week
• Bachelor’s Degree or work related experience.