Our client is a fast growing DTC global beauty brand, it's multi-category line of Skincare, Makeup, Fragrance and Hair Care is made with innovative and luxurious formulas that are all vegan, cruelty-free, and made with safe and effective ingredients.
This role is 4 days a week in office in Dumbo Brooklyn.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Our client is seeking a Director of Operations who is highly organized, dependable, and passionate about building a product-led, innovative startup in the beauty space. The role is a key member of the team who has ownership of overall operations, logistics and supply chain. The candidate will be responsible for implementing and overseeing all manufacturing and fulfillment tasks across all internal teams and external partners, while monitoring quality assurance and relationship management. As a senior member of the team, the candidate will work closely with the executive team, and in concert with the other senior and junior members of the company.
· Oversee all production and fulfillment pipelines.
· Evaluate the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives regularly and liaise with executive team to apply corrections or improvements, if and when necessary.
· Work in partnership with the CFO to review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability.
· Responsible for budgets and budgetary changes across production, packaging, and fulfillment
· Negotiate pricing on and schedule transportation for components, packaging and finished goods.
· Own the new product costing models as well as improvements of quality and unit economics on existing products.
· Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
· Evaluate overall performance through data analytics based on various data and metrics, and systems to be developed and managed by the Director of Operations together with the rest of the team.
· Always on the lookout for target areas in which the business can improve operations.
Support all functions of the business to work together, communicating with the marketing department daily on project statuses and sampling needs.
· Oversee the project development from industrialization of each new product, assigning tasks to appropriate stakeholders throughout the process.
· Establish procedures for new product development and ongoing product reorders, ensuring timely roll outs of product within stage gate milestones.
· Ensure health and regulatory laws are followed for pr
· Manage the relationship with 3rd party warehouse and work with them to execute best practices within the warehouse and measure performance through agreed upon KPIs.
· Monitor and correct inventory levels at warehouse to ensure rotation and maximize working capital.
· Pro-actively evaluate within the overall organization the most cost-effective distribution solutions for finished goods transportation to customers.
· Develop and coordinate appropriate supply chain strategy, resource optimization and profitability maximization to ensure customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
· Control all stock, maintain the supply plan, and ensure inventory levels are accurate at the 3rd party warehouse and on the company’s books.
· Responsible for seeking out vendors for and presenting consistent upgrades to components, packaging, and formulas
· Plan, manage, and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
· Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner.
· Oversee strategic financial planning and analysis including budgeting and forecasting
· Monitor and renegotiate fulfillment shipping pricing for domestic and international orders.
· Responsible for all orders leaving the warehouse in the negotiated timeframe.
· Manage the relationship with Global-e, the owner of international check outs.
· Create and submit POs for approval by CFO.
· Place internal product orders for the marketing team and retail fulfillment.
· Maintain the retail fulfillment spreadsheet, proactively refilling orders before out-of-stock situations occur.
· Review all supply vendor invoices for accuracy.
· 7+ years of experience in operations, with a proven track record of delivering efficiency around production and fulfillment.
· The ideal candidate has worked at a startup/ early-stage company as well as larger organizations, all within the beauty industry.
· Complete self-starter, with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong leadership skills and high emotional intelligence and maturity.
· Intellectually curious and highly logical, employing a goal-oriented and metrics-driven approach to solve problems and recommend solutions.
· High attention to detail for excellent project management.
· Expertise managing internal teams and external partners.
· Knowledge and understanding of diverse business functions and principles related to operations (supply chain, finance, product development, e-commerce, sales and marketing).
· Willingness and ability to be physically present in the office.
· Highly organized and dependable employee.
· Pro-active mindset and “no task is too small” attitude. Willingness to roll-up there sleeves with the rest of the team to contribute building the organization through processes and continued enhancements.
Office: Requires up to 80% in-person presence at the brand HQ in Dumbo (Brooklyn), exact days to be determined with supervisor.
Travel: Regular travel might be required on an ad hoc basis, domestically and internationally, depending on the needs of the business.
Benefits: Medical, vision, dental insurance for the individual fully covered by the company.