Our client, a leading marketing and communications brand, is looking to hire an Operations Manager, starting immediately. This is an onsite role, located in Menasha, WI.
This person will manage processes within the org's center of excellence for Packaging Prepress. Services include packaging production artwork, prepress, color management services, flexo platemaking and a range of proofing and prototyping.
This role has primary responsibility for managing personnel, processes and schedules with the objective of providing quality products and services, on schedule, and within budget cost parameters and in alignment with business goals.
Responsibilities include coordinating facility and equipment contracting and maintenance, overseeing safety programs and practices and managing production material inventories.
Additionally, this position provides prepress and print support to Customers and Sales.
- Lead staff of cross functional individuals within a Packaging Premedia environment, with primary responsibility for supervising the direct production employees
- Develop and maintain an effective and involved work force through performance leadership, education, communications and policies which support inclusion and team effectiveness
- Direct training for new and existing employees
- Develop and implement process controls and formal Quality Assurance processes
- Work with suppliers and procurement to manage routine purchasing, receiving, approving payments and cost control for equipment and facilities services and materials, always in alignment with thge brand's Business Ethics guidelines
- Collaborate with Sales and customers to manage and apply workflows and processes to fulfill client needs
- Understand, manage and document equipment and personnel capabilities
- Evaluate and recommend internal production workflows that maximize value for each customer
- Understand and communicate Customer and Brand creative intent to the internal team and to print supply chain partners, supporting customer efforts specifically for color development and print quality management
- Recognize and take appropriate action to correct any gaps in production processes using Continuous Improvement tools
- Utilize Continuous Improvement methodologies in the operations and in collaboration with customers
- Seek and maintain personal and employees' certifications in color management and other disciplines as needed
- Gain Operations alignment with IT governance requirements for all processes
- Provide packaging and color technical support to Sales and customers in the application of our products and services for color management, prepress, plates and related processes and technologies, including onsite print support and printer characterization efforts
- Direct and/or perform printed sample tracking and analysis, and direct or provide reporting of print results
- Work effectively with peers
- Five years of Packaging Print, Premedia services experience and/or degree in related field(s)
- Excellent communication skills, personal integrity and leadership potential
- Proven track record with strong and effective relationships with solution delivery, customer care, sales and customers is preferred
- Work is performed with minimal supervision or daily direction. Must be able to evaluate schedule needs, define and assign work, and lead others in completion of their tasks with a focus on meeting the short- and long-term goals of the operations.
If interested in and qualified for this position, please forward your resume today!