Our client is looking to bring on a fulltime Packaging Prepress Operator in Oakdale, Minnesota - Services include packaging production artwork, prepress, color management services, Flexo platemaking, and a range of proofing and prototyping.
- Create final production files using prepress applications (Adobe Creative Suite & Esko Tools)
- Import, trap, bleed, screen and color separate final production files
- Generate and verify Barcodes
- Create dielines and/or templates
- Create stepping template and add printer specified press marks
- Perform color corrections to process color files for Flexo and/or Offset print processes
- Make alterations and revisions to existing production files, including light typesetting
- Operate Mac, production file server, proof output devices, RIPs and workflows
- Generate hard copy proofs for customer review
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and general housekeeping requirements
- Record Time and Materials accurately
- Work in a neat, orderly manner, maintain supply levels, and request repair of equipment as necessary
- Maintain equipment (general and minor maintenance)
- Ability to solve problems with minimal supervision
- Read and comprehend job instructions, short correspondence and emails
- Participate in Pre-Production meetings with Sales, Account Manager, Leadership and other production staff
- Ensure jobs meet scheduling and quality requirements
- Apply knowledge of packaging prepress to production workflows
- Maintain contact with Account Manager to advise them of job progress, scheduling concerns and requests for additional information or materials when required
- Facilitate the resolution of production-related problems in a timely manner and elevates appropriately when necessary
- Use ethical business practices in dealing with customers, employees, vendors, suppliers and the community
- BOTH entry level and experienced candidates are encouraged to apply for this position. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience level.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role is desired OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, emphasis on Illustrator is preferred.
- Image Retouching in Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
If you are interested in and qualified for this role, please apply today!