Pay Rate: $35-40/hr
*You will be required to train on-site, but the work can be done remotely, once you are on-boarded.
This is a packaging-heavy role. You must be an expert in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and enjoy doing production.
We are looking for a vibrant, creative, and energetic individual that would like to work in a corporate environment that is dynamic, fast-paced and deadline-oriented. The Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet presentation strategies from concept to completion. The Graphic Designer will play a lead role on projects in creating concepts, layouts and final art. The graphic designer will be in a collaborative, team environment and work on a variety of projects, including trade shows, literature, advertising, sales promotion retail merchandising and packaging.
The responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Create designs, concepts and layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetical design concepts
• Create final files for printing - working on mechanicals
• Assist in the development of new campaigns, brainstorming and execution.
• Liaise with external printers for printing jobs.
• Accurate and detail-oriented with design, proofing and editing.
• Design for a broad range of marketing communications deliverables including trade shows, literature, retail merchandising and packaging.
• Help prepare reports and presentations.
• Keep up to date technically and apply new knowledge to the position.
• Work in conjunction with the project manager on quality control and production of graphic design materials.
• Manage photo libraries.
The Graphic Designer will possess:
• Strong attention to detail with design, proofing and editing.
• Ability to think out of the box and inspire those around them.
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative group environment and accept constructive feedback.
• Strong creative, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
• Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
• Four-year related degree and a minimum of 5 years design experience in an in-house creative department or design firm.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Expert knowledge in the graphic production process, file types, and formats.
• Possess strong conceptual skills, high-level sense of design, layout, and typography, and a broad thinker who can offer a variety of design solutions.
• Understanding of retail packaging and packaging components.
• Knowledge of media production, communication techniques and methods.
• Strong understanding of visual and typographical hierarchies.
• Basic understanding of brand standards and guidelines
• Understanding of digital design trends.
• Basic knowledge of photography process.
• Proficient in MS Office (PC platform).