Job descriptionTiming: May
Duration: At least 3-6 months, possible contract-to-hire
Hours per week: 40+
Location: Detroit, MI
Pay rate: $25-30/hr DOE
Salary: $55-62K DOE
One of our large financial and technology clients is looking for a talented freelance Photographer + Retoucher to join their team for some upcoming projects and a possible contract-to-hire position.
The freelance Photographer + Retoucher must have a strong online portfolio showcasing a range of photography work and have proven experience with headshots/portrait photography, capturing live events, as well as handling campaign photography includes stills and extensive shot lists.
This freelance Photographer + Retoucher will work onsite handling a range of projects and capturing high-quality photographs that meet the needs of our clients.
Ideal freelance Photographer + Retoucher candidates will have:
- Proven experience as a Freelance Photographer who also can handle retouching responsibilities with a portfolio showcasing your work in headshots/portrait, events, lifestyle, and campaign photography.
- Excellent knowledge of photography equipment and software, including cameras, lenses, and photo editing software.
- Fully proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Digital Asset Management tools (i.e. Sitecore)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with clients and team members.
- Ability to work independently, manage your time effectively, and meet deadlines.
- A high level of creativity and attention to detail, with the ability to think outside the box and come up with unique and compelling ideas for photography projects.
- Team player, great collaborator, and a can-do, yes-first attitude
- Work with clients to understand their needs and requirements for the photography project.
- Plan and prepare for the shoot by scouting locations, setting up equipment, and making necessary arrangements.
- Use your skills and creativity to capture high-quality photographs that meet the client's specifications.
- Edit and enhance photographs to ensure they meet the client's expectations and requirements.
- Manage your time effectively to meet deadlines and ensure that all deliverables are completed on time.
- Communicate effectively with clients and team members to ensure that projects are completed to their satisfaction.
- Maintain and organize your equipment to ensure that it is always in good working condition.
- Shoot photography for a wide variety of projects depending on business needs with DSLR cameras and other relevant gear
- Lead photography initiatives and projects through concepting, shooting and editing
- Work with producers on preproduction duties (i.e. casting talent, scouting locations, creating shot lists, making shooting schedules, etc.)
**Background/credit check required
***This role is eligible for health benefits through 24 Seven