Job descriptionMy client is an integrated comms firm specializing in entertainment! They are looking for a Director of Communications to join their team.
This person will possess substantive industry knowledge, both on the talent and corporate side, have senior level relationships with media (consumer, trade and digital) artists and influencers and the ability to work with senior brand leadership across multiple categories. Strategic thinking, international experience, and highly developed communication skills are also critical success factors in this role.
- Work with clients to develop compelling PR programs that drive brand awareness.
- Contribute to development of global toolkits and event strategies and deliver materials in a
- Create new business pitches and plans, and contribute to signing business to the company.
- Maintain ongoing, senior-level contact with key directors, editors, and associates at major
long and short-lead publications, websites, blogs, etc. while building strategic alliances with
the goal to sign new business.
- Develop outreach strategy for television press.
- Develop pitch calendar and regularly pitch relevant story ideas that both align with their
editorial focus and support client brand strategy.
- Manage the production and approvals of videos, photography, digital press kits, and other
PR tools necessary to communicate brand image and product information.
- Train junior staff and interns and manage support staff when applicable.
- Serve in an overall leadership capacity for company.
- Minimum 5 years experience in entertainment publicity.
- Experience working with high-profile talent &their teams; high-level media and TV/award show talent bookers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Pitching experience with proven contacts/placements across broadcast, print, digital and nontraditional media.
- Possess the ability to motivate, enable and inspire company staff with an attitude that influences a positive working experience and environment.