Job descriptionProduct Developer, Hosiery
Client Overview: FOUNDED IN NEW YORK CITY IN 1998 OUR CLIENT IS A GLOBAL DESIGNER, MANUFACTURER AND DISTRIBUTOR OF LEGWEAR, BODYWEAR, APPAREL, AND ACCESSORIES. ONE OF THE LEADING RESOURCES IN THE INDUSTRY, ULAC OFFERS A FULL RANGE OF PRODUCTS FOR BABIES, KIDS, TEENS, AND ADULTS.
Position Overview: The Product Developer will serve a critical role in the management of seasonal sock assortments, key styles and special make-up programs, delivering on specific consumer needs. This position will communicate with design, merchandising and production teams to assist and coordinate with in-season product, new projects, manage timelines, and product approvals. The Product Developer reviews designs proto samples, test new concepts/applications, determines the best way to distribute samples, and oversee product deployment. The main goal of the Product Developer is to maintain a high-quality standard product while maintaining delivery dates set forth by sales & production teams.
Product Developer Responsibilities:
• Review Worksheets for accurate details and callouts to ensure efficient development of new styles.
• Communicate with factories to ensure development schedules are adhered.
• Responsible for approvals on product details and pre-production samples.
• Plans and coordinates development activities to ensure timely completion (submittals, sampling, etc).
• Develops best practices to optimize product development procedures.
• Manages and reviews Lab dips and Yarn selections from factory for accurate development of new styles.
• Review Sock Samples for Spec measurements, color, and features. Provide development comments to the factory to get corrected samples.
• Maintains consistency and accuracy of information flow between design, development and overseas vendors.
• Collaborates with Production Team to review Approved Development samples match Pre-production samples and final production.
• Perform any other duties as assigned in support of the company needs and operations.
Product Developer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or related area and 2-3 years of experience in Design or product development, including but not limited to experience with legwear or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of fashion trends and general trends in color, fabric and style.
• High creativity and artistic abilities, an eye for color, texture and pattern with keen attention to detail and ability to visualize in three dimensions.
• Proficient computer skills to include Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop), Microsoft Office, Acrobat.
• Excellent written and verbal skills as required for effective interpersonal communication.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and workload seamlessly and with follow-up.