Job descriptionJob Summary
As a Consultant on the Product Development team, you will actively support the team in the development of our formulations. Core responsibilities will be focused on helping the team with a variety of tasks to ensure we deliver new developments on time - reformulations are of primary focus and secondarily new products.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Support Sr Manager on reformulations; preparing briefs when necessary as well as working collaboratively with the labs, and other cross functional teams.
• Track key milestones on all reformulations ensuring timely feedback is given and aligned through key team members to support on time formula approvals.
• Partner with the labs and marketing to ensure testing support of key claims.
• Review and approve relevant artworks in a timely and thorough way.
• Ensure key product development milestones are met on time for all reformulations - including formula approval, claims testing results, review of relevant AW elements and market registration.
• Monitor and track new product, ingredient, technology and larger macro trends through a variety of sources; evaluate strategic importance and potential implications to the brand.
• Attend weekly development meetings to help PD team track key needs such as sampling programs, market samples, market registration and artwork approval
• Support team on product / formula / ingredient questions from other teams / markets
• Manage key system inputs – enter purchase orders and prepare shipments
• Provide other miscellaneous ad-hoc team support and meeting prep
• College degree is required
• 2+ years of working experience – ideally in beauty; product development experience is a plus.
• Very strong attention to detail and an obsession with organization is required.
• Proactive, resourceful, can-do attitude is a must
• Individual should be a team player eager to collaborate and engage with others
• Strong project management mindset including ability to develop timelines, track of project status and move projects forward to meet deadlines on time
• Strong communication skills – able to share complex details with multiple functions to achieve milestones.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Creativity and ability to work independently, with minimal oversight once on boarded
*Must be located in the NYC area, this role is hybrid