Title: Production Designer
Duration: Approx. 2-3 months (strong possibility to extend)
Schedule: Remote/Hybrid (Will need to go on-site 1-2 times per month)
Location: Bolingbrook, Illinois
Our client, a leader in the beauty and Retail space, is looking for a Production Designer to join the team on a 2–3-month freelance basis, with opportunity to extend for a year.
The Production designer is responsible for ensuring brand supplied and internally created artwork meets guidelines, matches product placement or promotional merchandising, and is press-ready. This role is also responsible for building out multiple versions of each graphic, proofing out to merchants and/or brand partners and applying codes for store set and inventory ordering. Production Designers must embody a mix of creative and technical know-how to provide quality, efficient production of in-store promotional signage and inline graphics. The Production Designer will partner with internal merchandising analysts and merchants, various print vendors and brand partners to ensure the correct signage and graphics are printed for the appropriate store set week.
- Accept direction from In-Store Design Production Manager and carry out department's production processes and objectives.
- Show meticulous attention to detail when reviewing artwork to ensure it meets our standards; checks layout specs, including bleed, trim, resolutions, color etc.
- Make various formats or versions of supplied artwork to route for approvals.
- Follow naming conventions and server structure.
- Inspect work to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Preflight and package final press-ready files for release to printers.
- Create and/or work within production templates.
- Maintain graphic libraries for each brand, as needed.
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners, external vendors and/or printer vendors to problem solve and meet established in-store dates.
Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years in creative production design or pre-press role
- Degree in Graphic Design or industry-related field; or relevant work experience
- Knowledge and skills with industry-standard design software (Adobe CS InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator); file transfer applications (Fetch, WeTransfer); MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Extreme efficiency, organization and attention to detail is a must
- Data integration and/or planogram experience is a plus
- Good sense of design
- Able to balance a large volume of projects within tight timelines
- A passion for Beauty, its products, and its guests is a requirement