Job descriptionOur client, a gaming company in Los Angeles is looking for a Production Manager to join their team!
Full time hours
1 year contract assignment, potential to extend/convert FT
Hybrid role, Tues-Thurs on-site in Santa Monica and Mon/Fri WFH
eSports experience huge plus!
Rate: $55-$62/hr (DOE)
- Adaptable to new processes and ways of working
- Experience w/ crew scheduling and budgeting
- Thorough understanding of film permit process
The Role: As a Production Manager, you are the lookout making sure our features and content production teams have what they need to bring players the best esports production possible. You’ll report to the Features Line Producer, and work with our Producers and Tech Team to meet all production needs, and deliver projects on time and within budget.
The Team: You’ll work closely with a passionate team that delivers Feature content, promos, teases, and studio content. You will be the conduit of communication between our esports teams, making sure everyone is informed of schedules, budgets, and emergent updates. The Production Manager offers guidance on operations, and best work practices to maintain efficiencies in our broadcast workflows.
- Crew booking and staff scheduling
- Manage external Production vendors, making sure contracts and PO’s & payments are up to date
- Assist the Features Line Producer in tracking and updating costs in the budget
- Create and distribute weekly schedule updates and Call Sheets
- Managing pre-production and overseeing production
- Attain the proper Film Permits and Certificates of Insurance for location filming
- At least 5 years in television production at the Production Manager level
- Experience and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Applications, as well as the G Suite productivity apps (gmail, google sheets, google docs, etc)
- Experience managing and scheduling film crews, tracking payroll, Film Permitting, Budget tracking
- Familiarity with Union and Non Union Production rules
- The ability to manage multiple departments, and maintain alignment and goals between different teams
- Adept at multitasking and able to prioritize, knowing when to change focus.
- Being an avid gamer and esports enthusiast is not required (but it helps, so mention it if you are!)
- Experience with Airtable, or similar project management tools
- Knowledge of budget management software (Moviemagic, Showbiz, etc)
- Experience working in live sports