What You Will Do
- Support the month and year-end accounting close, including assigned journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations
- Maintain accounting for all inventory
- Ensure financial records are properly maintained in accordance with US GAAP
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations and prepare the appropriate journal entries
- Provide support to AP function to ensure proper account coding and recording of month-end accruals
- Perform daily/weekly tasks such as postings for routine banking transactions, daily cash activity
- Ensure fixed assets and depreciation schedules are maintained and reconciled to the general ledger
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and document variance analyses
- Assist in providing information requested by the external auditors and tax preparers
- Research complex accounting issues
- Key contributor to proposing and driving improvements to the monthly financial close process
- Additional duties as reasonably required
- Minimum five (5) years of related work experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience with inventory accounting proficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting/Finance.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and application of accounting principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite