Full-Time Direct Hire
$100k - $120k
Fully Onsite in San Francisco CA
The Company is seeking to hire a full-time Senior Accountant with experience in women’s fashion and consumer retail. The job is “on -site”. You will work in a 3-person team and you will be integral to supporting the efficient financial running of the Company.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day operation of financial, accounting, administrative and payroll systems.
This position reports to the Controller and is responsible for timely and efficient general ledger close, balance sheet, income statement analysis and supporting schedules. The position requires ability to work diligently under multiple deadlines and coordinate workflows.
1) Execute day to day financial operations.
a) General ledger entries, account reconciliations and month-end close
b) Ownership of all transactions and journal entries to ensure system accuracy.
c) Oversee established purchasing practices; monitor the purchasing system
d) Own and manage AR.
2) Payroll and Human Resource administration
a) Own and manage employee benefits,eg medical,401k,Pto,Esop,commuter.
b) Run Payroll 2x monthly across multiple states.
c) Own and manage on boarding and off boarding including background checks
3) Oversee financial aspects of Retail Operations
a) Own the lease schedule of the 14 locations.
b) Manage the issuance and maintenance of store business licenses
c) Provide month-end Sales reports for the Retail stores.
d) State and County Sales tax filings and payments.
4) Office management
a) Manage the filing, storage and security of documents
b) Respond to IT issues & inquiries
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Minimum 8 years of high-volume accounting experience (Retail experience preferred)
• Expertise with computerized accounting programs
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Pivot tables
• Capability to close monthly books and prepare financial statements & reports.
• Experience with payroll systems and reporting
• Experience administering similar company policies and procedures
• Retail & Garment industry experience, (including experience with factoring) required
• Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in written.
First and foremost, this position calls for strong tactical skills to effectively manage multiple financial workstreams under tight deadlines. This proven ability to manage deadlines combines with experience in bookkeeping and computer skills that allow the Senior GL Accountant to utilize the outputs of his or her work, as well as simply produce numbers on a page.
In order to translate these outputs across the organization, this person shall have strong analytical, organizational & problem-solving skills, complemented by an ability to speak, listen, write and receive communication in a corporate environment. Our company prides itself on respect, honesty and trust between ourselves and our customers, as well as among Team Members. We are flexible and hard-working, and very energetic. These are the qualities we require in any new Team Member.