Job descriptionWe are partnering with our national healthcare client to help them find a talented individual like yourself! I have added details about the job below. If you think you could be a good fit please apply and we will get back to you upon review.
Location: Remote, Must work within AZ time zone
Job Title: Senior Data Platform Architect (Business Intelligence Architect)
Purpose of the Position:
- As a member of delivery team, supports new development/project and production support, as the highest-level technology domain expert. Assesses business requirements; collects and identifies technical specifications; and develops technology solutions. Envisions and creates solutions that meet requirements; models piece an infrastructure and points of integration; proves feasibility of a design; creates design artifacts required to deliver and maintain infrastructure; guides solution through to completion, implementation, and support in production.
- With Enterprise Architecture team, ensures new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness, and leverages existing technologies for specific technical domain(s), and understands system-wide impacts. Assists in near/mid-term roadmap creation, to address gaps and move towards future state architecture to support growth, optimization, and innovation.
- 5 years’ experience in IS/business experience, programming, engineering and/or systems analysis and a proven track record of successfully delivering BI and/or data warehousing projects.
- 2 years’ experience architecting BI solutions including Data Warehouses, Master Data Management, Dashboards and Reporting systems.
- 5 years of experience with relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- 1 year of experience with deployment / administration of Microsoft SQL reporting services (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS).
- 2 years of experience with various BI tools like Tableau, Microstrategy, Brio, Domo and Power BI
- 2 years of experience modeling data to conceptual, logical, and physical models
- 2 years of experience with ETL tools
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Understand and document high-level master data management (MDM) requirements of the business and drive the definition of data standards and implementation best practices working with the BI and enterprise architecture teams.
- Establish domain specific standards, near/mid-term strategy, and roadmaps (0-18 months), in adherence to, and in support of Enterprise standards, strategy and roadmaps.
- Assist in creating the vision for future state technologies and architecture and participate in setting Enterprise standards and mid/long-term strategy/roadmaps (18-60 months), acting as domain specific subject matter experts.
- Responsible for domain specific content/collateral, based on the EA standards/ methodologies, to document the current state and future state architecture.
- Develop technology specifications and ensure that new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness and leverage existing technologies when possible.
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and manageability.
- Participate and lead research and development efforts (proofs of concept, prototypes), as subject matter experts, when introducing new technologies.
- Provide technical expertise to propose level of effort projections, work breakdown structures and technical resource planning for proposed and current work to support the Project Management Office (PMO) and Project Review Board (PRB) Processes.
- Provide input to management throughout the project management lifecycle (PMLC).
- Assists managers with developing the service level agreements (SLAs) and deployment of key performance measures.
- Participate in various phases of the SDLC to perform QA/architectural review functions and to ensure adherence to Enterprise Architecture (EA) technology standards and project specific solutions architecture. (i.e., design reviews).
- Ensures technology solutions are production ready and meet the defined specifications, and that the solution can be maintained via production support methodologies and resources.
- Assist in IS Service Management policy and processes to effectively support domain. Assisted processes would include Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management and Performance Management.
- Facilitate communications between IS workgroups and business stakeholders for technical issues and/or major changes, acting as the technical domain subject matter expert.
- Provide technical guidance to coach and mentor team members; provide performance feedback to manager(s).